Patinoire Royale

Art & culture

Built in 1877, la Patinoire Royale - or "Royal Skating" - was one of the first roller skating rinks in Europe. In the early 1900s, the building was converted into a Bugatti garage. After the Second World War, the skating rink was used as a garage by Siemens before becoming an exhibition space for collectors’ cars in 1975. The Patinoire Royale is a building that holds two wings; the first of which formally housed the roller skating rink, whilst the second is smaller, of more recent construction.
With its neo-classical style, the building's facade features columns adorned with ionic capitals that line the front of the building. On top of this, natural light floods into the building through semi-circular arched windows crowned with rosettes. 

In 1995, the region of Brussels declared the Patinoire Royale a historical monument. 

Tags

Art
Escritoire

STAY TUNED